Friday, September 21, 2012

The Big Move

I finally arrived in Coventry, UK...where is that you ask? Coventry is 1 hour and 15 minutes train ride from London. This will be my new "home" for about a year or so. I am excited but also quite nervous to begin my new life here. 

Coventry is a small town with lots of greenery. I have always lived in big cities so it will take me some time to adjust to the new environment. I am living in a temporary accommodation as the room that I rented is not ready until Sunday. Once I have purchased all the basic necessities, I will take pictures of my room. I am a poor starving student, so don't expect anything fancy. 

Apparently, the weather in Coventry is similar to the weather in Vancouver, cold and rainy during the winter months. Take a look at the picture below to get a sense of how the weather was like on my second day here.

The back road to my temporary house in Coventry. 

Although I am already in my mid-twenties,this is my first time away from home so the first night was really hard. I felt extremely homesick once I settled into my room and was by myself.  Everything was so foreign and unfamiliar.  I started questioning my decision to purse my MBA in the UK (so far from home!) and started crying when I facetime my boyfriend.  Luckily I have an awesome boyfriend who not only makes me laugh but also reminded me of how an MBA will open doors for me.  I am thankful for technology as I am able to communicate easily with my family and friends back home.


I didn't fall asleep until 6am and did not wake up until 4pm. I decided to go out for a little adventure before it gets dark (approximately 7:30pm). I went to the nearby mall (Cannon Park) and was pleasantly surprised to see how cheap food is compared to food in Canada. Note: 1 pound is equivalent to about Cad$1.60.



No comments:

Post a Comment