Monday, April 9, 2012

Dog Friendly Trail/Park: Pacific Spirit Regional Park (Vancouver)

Waking up this morning with the sun shining through my windows, I knew that it would be a great day to take my dog out for a long walk.   It is wonderful not having work on Easter Monday.

I love taking my dog to the Pacific Spirit Regional Park near UBC.  Not only does it have several off-leash dog trails but the people who frequents the park have well-behaved dogs. There is also free parking and free doggy poop bag available near the park entrance. Just be sure to keep a look out for your little dogs as there has been coyote sightings in the area.

Description of the park accordingly to the Greater Vancouver Parks website:

"Pacific Spirit Regional Park comprises 763 hectares of forest and foreshore immediately west of Vancouver. The park's forests stretch across Point Grey separating the city from the University of British Columbia. Its thin foreshore wraps around the tip of the peninsula and touches the Fraser River, the Strait of Georgia and Burrard Inlet. The park's closeness to both the university and the city entices visitors to reach it by foot, bus or bike."


http://www.greatervancouverparks.com/PacificSpirit.html

My little Tiggy enjoying her walk and climbing on a fallen log.

T-shirt: Banana Republic, Jacket: North Face, Jeggings: Gap, Flats: Unknown Brand from Ross

I will be honest, another reason why I wanted to go for a walk is so that I can sport my newly acquired North Face jacket.  I love the bright coral color, it is an instant mood enhancer!

No comments:

Post a Comment